Thursday, March 31, 2011

TwistyTurnyUpsideDown

Oh yah my life is still crazy, but things are going so well I don't even have time to slow down and think about it.... Except when I'm at work. Ha! Here's a snippet of things going through my mind. Bullets? Don't mind if I do.

  • #1 .... on constant repeat in my head "countdown.2days. MY EVENT!!! 2 days?! over 225 confirmed, 100% for sure attending.... wow! & that's only on facebook. how many more people are going to come?! am i going to have enough food & drinks.. am i going to have enough hoops made to sell? are people even going to WANT to buy my hoops?!" and basically start at the beginning, add some more self-concious fears and that's what my brain has been like since Monday when I began counting down. lol

  • I feel like a horrible person after an email I got yesterday. I signed up for a swap and sent my package out... I recieved mine, but she never got hers. I promised a 2nd package to replace it, but forgot to send it out. In my defense my life has been completely crazy & upside down, but I've been on the sh!t end of a swap before too, so I know how it feels. I just feel like agh how am I going to be able to fix this?? I'm planning on sending her a giftcard & a small gift to make up for it, but hey, I guess I can't really change her feelings on being jipped. And I was nice enough to not even mention that she didn't follow the rules to the swap in the first place, but whatever...

  • My mom, sister and I have decided to get power of three matching tattoos. Small, simple, but pretty. Of course, since my sister went and got herself knocked up, we have to wait til after November to do this. lol.

  • Speaking of the pregnant sister, I'm over my shock. She's just hitting 2 months, but her secret is out to all of our family members (including her dad, who didn't kill her)... Now she's suffering through some BS because the Army believes they should be married if he wants to come visit her. She feels otherwise, for now, she wants to wait and make sure that's what they want to do. So the daddy hasn't been able to come home for any appointments yet, let's hope that changes in the coming months, for her sake. (she's banking on having a girl, says she has a feeling)

  • Since we got our tax return last week and booked our cruise, I've been spending lots of time researching the line... which is Norwegian. Do any of you ladies have experience with this cruise line? If so, I'm very interested. We're going on the West Carribean cruise! I have a plan to keep losing weight steadily all year because I've heard that most people gain 5-10 lbs on cruises, and I do NOT need that since we'll be heading that way between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

  • My jewelry has entered a whole new territory. I've started with hippie bling, which are hemp rings with a big bundle of gemstone chips as the centerpiece. They're big, flashy, and a hit so far! Also venturing into new styles of jewelry; including more beadwork than hemp & hopefully some hippie headbands coming soon :)

  • Just finished reading Sing You Home, by Jodi Picoult (of course)! First book I've actually finished in about a month!!! It was really irresistable and hard to put down. Infertility, divorce, drinking problems, lesbians, gay rights, and in the end, happy! I loved it. Now to find another one that consumes my extra time like that one did! Next up is the new one in the Private series, which I'm annoyed with but can't stop reading anyways. lol

Have a GREAT weekend, girlies! I will be back in the swing of things sometime next week, with a great post on my event, pictures, and a grand finale total of how much we raised for AUTISM.


Oh and don't forget, this Saturday IS World Autism Awareness Day... So wear blue, donate to Autism Speaks or another autism fundraiser, or just simply learn something new about the condition that is effecting more children everyday...

5 comments:

Summer {athena in the middle} said...

sending you hugs!

i may swoop in and adopt her baby!

kidding . . .

Taryn Wilson said...

You should put a donate button on here.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Over 225 confirmed!? That's awesome, you've got a hell of an event on your hands! Cannot wait to see photos!

Amber Blue Bird said...

hey there, thanks for the comment on my blog today. So glad you liked Fleet Foxes! Hope your weekend is brilliant

MiMi said...

The buildings that lit up blue in honor of autism awareness were gorgeous!!
And, swapping is fun, but if you get a bad partner it ruins it. :(