Thursday, September 29, 2011
Posted by ~Haley~ at 10:15 AM
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
- I am going absolutely insane knowing that my camera is filling up with pictures & I have even more pictures that will need to be taken in the next few days & my stupid adapter still isn't here. Not to mention the one I already own is just *poof* gone in thin air!
- Took Ruca to the vet this morning, after she woke me up over 10 times last night itching so bad the bed was shaking... She always has season-change allergies, but I figured maybe she needed a cortisone shot. J took her to the vet and we find out she has fleas (huh?! we just bathed her the other day and I checked her cuz of her itchiness), another (or the same) ear infection, and her normal allergies. Seriously. Apparently it was our normal vet's partner and he showed J how to clean her ears... guess what!? Our normal effing vet showed us the wrong way in July when we took her, so apparently she's been living with an infection that entire time and we didn't know it. I feel like a horrible mother! So now she has itch relief medicine, flea/tick/heartworm for 6 months, more ear medicine & has to go back in 12 days for a check up. Under $200, so I'd say a mini success!
- On top of that vet money, I just dropped $110 on ferret supplies. 20 lbs litter, 40 lbs food, 10 lbs bedding, 32 oz stuff that makes their pee/poop not smell as bad... should last at least 3 months of keeping them fed, clean, & not smelly! =]
- Since announcing my hoop sale I've gotten sooo many orders. I'm starting to work on them this evening, I missed hoop making, it's been a bit of a lag lately!
- Also getting my hair did after work. Fall color to come, if my adapter comes tonight I'll do a huge picture post soon! If not, I'll just use crappy cell technology to show you my new hair tomorrow =] I think I might add some long bangs for the first time in eons!
- Tomorrow will be 3 years since my stepdad has been gone. I have been extremely good this year about not being super depressed. I think the shock and despair have finally worn off and I know that life is going to move on, full steam ahead. Just wish he could be here to meet his first grandchild next month.
- Speaking of that first grandchild, this baby shower is giving me premature grey hair. Not really, but I feel like it will before the week is over! All that's left now is to buy the food, drinks & then decorate Saturday morning. I just want it to all go smoothly & be over so I can get on with my life. lol.
- I've been organizing & planning my live music schedule for October & oh boy, I cannot wait! This coming weekend my friend is having a small benefit show with all-night music, then I'm taking 2 weeks off, on the 15th seeing Papadosio in Columbus, the 18th seeing EOTO in Cleveland, and then hopefully squeezing something in for a Halloween show too! Yay =]
- Sunday, I'm starting (again) shopping for the cruise! Clearance sales have begun and I'd love to have lotsa cute stuff for the week we're gone. Also, I've lost about 10 lbs, so it's time for a size down in jeans. What what!?
Posted by ~Haley~ at 7:26 AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I know most of my readers who hoop have already gotten a hoop from me,
but this is another avenue for me to promote, so promoting I am :)
This hoop is a new style I'm working on (and is now for sale)
As pictured above you can see it is one hoop that breaks down into two mini hoops.
Right now, I'm offering them for $34 shipped, so it's a pretty good introduction price :)
* * *
Other Shippable Options...
Twin mini hoops! These are for hand hooping mainly, although I do have some friends who can do body work with them as well!
You get 2 matching or non-matching handhoops for $15 local, $22 shipped!
The lower ones pictured were for a friend, they're her "night & day" hoops!
As always, we have the collapsible travel hoop, which a few of you guys have bought, traded, or won from me! If you want a hoop with water in it, this is how I ship them, when you uncollapse it you can add water & tape it shut for a permanent hoop! Or you can keep it as a collapsible travel hoop and take it anywhere ~ even on airplanes ~ with you!
These are $30 shipped, which is a $6 savings.
This is a tribal style hoop, which I can do on any of my options.
Most people buy the swirled hoops, but these are also very eye catching, and get a LOT of compliments! They tend to look more like a fire hoop, but as a regular hoop!
These are also $30 when shipped collapsible style!
The one pictured above has glow tape, which of course is an additional cost!
As always, my stuff is available via Facebook or Etsy.
I haven't been listing things on Etsy until people ask for a reserved order because the fees are driving me insane! If you'd be so kind to direct people my way who may be interested, I'd totally appreciate it!
*Oh and STILL no card adapter for the camera. I am not a happy camper. My camera is full of pictures & inventory that I'd really like to upload. Only I would have a Sony which apparently takes a weird not-SD card, so you can't just plug it into the laptop. KILL ME NOW!
Posted by ~Haley~ at 12:23 PM
Monday, September 26, 2011
Posted by ~Haley~ at 7:28 AM
Friday, September 23, 2011
Sometimes I am almost sick of my smart phone. Why did I make the decision to have technology in my face 24/7. With Facebook's new set up, I am bombarded with notifications... so I already shut off that feature. I just want to spend the weekend alone with J and try to have some fun. I feel like it's not too much to ask, but my mood today matches the weather ~ cloudy, rainy & no sun... And I just want to get through the next 6 hours of work and be off for the weekend. I am trying to push myself out of this funk that landed on me last night, so rainbows & butterflies it is!!!! I will be happy.
Tomorrow by this time, we will be halfway to our destination, so that's a bright spot to look forward to. Before then, I have to work 6 more hours, go get my glow in the dark manicure, shop for something raver to wear, clean out my car, pack my bag & wait for J to get off work.
This week is normally a great week for me, because hello, new TV! Unfortunately I just can't get myself into anything. I've been reading a lot and DVR'ing all my shows, but I have no attention span whatsoever. I need to watch Law & Order SVU, Parenthood, Grey's, Secret Circle, 90210 & The Lying Game... all from this week. I guess I should probably sit down at some point Sunday night and start the list or my DVR will be full before I know it.
I hope all you lovely ladies have a great weekend, I hope my weekend is great too.
Posted by ~Haley~ at 7:36 AM
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Posted by ~Haley~ at 8:48 AM
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Remember yesterday how I said cross your fingers cuz I was hoping for good news to come my way? Welllll, it did! Saturday morning, J and I will be hitting the road to go seeeeeee....
At this venue (DC Armory)....
Which holds 10,000 people ~ oh my!
I just get to wait!!
Tomorrow, working & finishing baby shower stuff,
Friday, working & watching Charlie Sheen roast with my good friend since she works 2nd shift and I never see her anymore!!!!
If any of you have been there ~ WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!
I'm not really a monument person, but if you think there's one I should see, let me know!
Posted by ~Haley~ at 8:20 AM
So after a [long] delay, my adapter still isn't here, so I caved & took crappy cell pictures so I could link up my post!
My favorite color is [lime green]
My partner was [the lovely Beth]
Since I already took photos when it came, but can't upload them yet,
I took some other ones this morning, so missing from the loot is:
1 cute pair of green/white striped boyshorts [yay!]
1 bottle of lime nail art paint =]
& 1 roll of neon duct tape =]
*Not to mention the cute ribbon & notes that were accompanying each little trinket!
Without further ado;
A bright green light!
A picture frame!
A pair of soft comfy socks (wearing them right now!)!
A sweet little dish with tea!
A healthy Superfood bar!
A handmade bracelet (which I've been wearing quite often!)
& A cutesy little fabric flower clip!
Last, but not least;;
A pack of green sticky notes!
A pencil holder!
A darling little journal for when inspiration strikes!
Window paint (woooo!)!
And a roll of labels!
* * * * *
Beth's color was [teal] and I had a bit of difficulty shopping for her, but I found quite a bit that she loved! You can check out her loot here.
Have a great day!
Posted by ~Haley~ at 7:12 AM
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Posted by ~Haley~ at 8:34 AM
Monday, September 19, 2011
- Who promises pictures when they have a camera that is not working correctly? That's me! I ordered the cord & adapter I need, so I should be in working order with pictures by the end of the week! It should ship today!
- I had a fun weekend.
- I lost a lot of sleep, made up for it with good times with good people.
- I was freeeezing Saturday and headed home super early!
- I feel like I'm living in slow motion sometimes, then it seems to fast forward & I'm not sure where that leaves me...
Posted by ~Haley~ at 5:53 AM
Friday, September 16, 2011
- Last night, I left work and headed to the venue for this weekend, met up with J and 2 of our guy friends. We cleaned up some glass & nails that were on the ground, then they gave me the grand tour.
- J is setting up my booth for me today while I'm at work (so I'll have a bomb ass spot), in exchange for me letting him take my car to Detroit tonight for a rave. I'm skipping the rave & hitting up the pre-party for the festival. My cousin's band is playing (and I'm skipping their next show), so I'm gonna have fun tonight =]
- I'm no longer worried about anything in my life. I'm doing things as they come and having no regrets about anything. I feel a lot better and I'm only day 2 of this mindset.
- I am loving my mailbox this week! I've gotten a friendship bracelet from Camille, a beautiful drawing by Angie, and a box full of lime green from Beth. The problem? My camera won't charge! FML.
- The baby shower has been coming along wonderfully! The only downside? Her baby daddy has become a complete asshole, 100% different from when they started dating. He has refused to help whatsoever this entire time, and is now refusing to help buy anything for the nursery or the baby himself. He says she will get child support and until then she can leave him alone. I told her I think if that's the case he has made his decision known and shouldn't be called when she goes into labor. I'm a bitch, but I cannot stand to see my sister in that pain. Oh and on top of that, his mom offered me a check to help pay for the shower 3 weeks ago... and it has yet to appear in front of me. I guess I won't depend on it.
- Other than that, I'm ready for the weekend to begin. 5 hours & counting....
Posted by ~Haley~ at 8:40 AM
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Posted by ~Haley~ at 10:54 AM
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
- Am a little bit stronger.
- Haven't cried.
- Am finishing up Beth's swap package!
- Made plans for 2 weeks from now, for another mini fest.
- Am ordering a cheap pair of cowboy boots from here (i've been searching for months!)
- Woke up with my puppy in bed with me, then had a good morning with her before work.
- Ate breakfast for the first time in 2 weeks.
I think I am going to make it out okay... I feel much more clear headed today than I have in 2 weeks. If he doesn't want to be with me, I'm fine with that. I will pack my things, I will move out, and eventually I will move on. I just want to be okay. It scares me how easily I slipped back into my patterns of disordered thinking. I hadn't been at that point for quite some time (years), and I instantly stopped eating or caring about eating. I can't do that to myself again... so I have made an effort to at least eat one small thing every mealtime. For the first few days I had thoughts of self-harm, without following through. I knew I was wrong for thinking about it, but I feel strong for preventing myself from doing it. Now is time for me to do things I want to do, have fun with my friends, and just hope we end up together. But if we don't, we don't. I think no matter what he'll always be a part of my life. I can't think of one good or bad or normal thing that has happened to me in over 5 years where he isn't part of the memory... so that has to be good for something.
Thanks all you lovely ladies who have given me words of support. You've helped more than my friends in the real world have.. it means a lot to me. Love.
Posted by ~Haley~ at 9:02 AM
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
I guess it's not exactly good news since the reasoning is that I am too upset to eat half the time, and then when I do eat it immediately comes out one end or another. This is why I hate having digestive issues, everytime I get stressed at anytime in my life, I instantly start being sick 24/7.
Posted by ~Haley~ at 6:01 AM